Staff Accountant Job Description
Who We Are
We are a diverse group of people, converging as an effective team to provide responsive
language services to improve patient experience and health outcomes to the limited English
proficient and Deaf and Hard of Hearing communities.
Why Work at Linguava
We are driven to serve the Limited English proficient and Deaf and Hard of Hearing
populations and we believe this is a critical role of our Human Resources Manager from an
internal company lens as well. We believe in being People First, providing Above and Beyond
customer service, a never-ending innovative spirit, having open, Honest Conversations, and
maintaining a Servant’s Heart.
We also provide the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous PTO
- Fun company events
- Some flexible/remote work arrangements for qualifying positions
- Core value benefits program – includes 3 days of VTO and bonuses for innovative
If you share these same values and the experience as outlined below, please let us
know why you might be the perfect fit as our Staff Accountant position. Send us a
cover letter letting us know why you are the perfect fit and tell us about why you
are passionate about Accounting.
This position is a combination of Accounts Receivable and other general
- Billing and re-billing, clients and insurance companies.
- Generating sales reports to clients on monthly or quarterly basis.
- Using the accounting Software “Sage” and excel sheets.
- Credit memos to clients or insurance companies.
- Accounts Receivable & collections.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Responding to clients and interpreters’ requests, by email or phone.
- Checking insurance eligibility for patients (data entry task).
- Processing service forms (data entry task).
- Any other tasks in accounting as needed.
- A minimum of Associate degree in accounting or finance (2+ years).
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in accounting/bookkeeping.
- A minimum of an intermediate level in Microsoft Excel and Google sheets.
- Experience is using any accounting software. Preferably “Sage”
- Strong computer skills.
- Attention to details, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and work effectively with a team.
- Multitasking and meeting deadlines for periodic deliverables.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to Haitham Abdel-Hadi at email@example.com.