- Cover letter
- Professional references
Linguava Interpreters is a full-service language agency located in Portland, Oregon. We provide on-site interpretation, telephonic interpretation, video relay interpretation, and document translation in order to connect our clients with a language specialist that will best meet their needs. We take pride in thoroughly screening our interpreters and translators and regularly performing quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy. The accommodation of all service needs comes with supportive management and friendly call center operators.
We are seeking to hire a talented, dynamic individual as an Accounting Supervisor. This individual must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and incredibly organized. It is crucial for this individual to have a great work ethic and be able to ensure deadlines are met without compromising quality. Other essential duties are to educate and coach staff and resolve client issues in a professional manner.
The Accounting Supervisor will assist the Accounting Manager in overseeing accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, and daily banking requirements. They will also implement and oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable procedures, lead month-end close, assist in creating financial reporting, manage and coach a team, and assist in completion of tax filings and audits.
- Assist department and Linguava in meeting quarterly and annual goals
- Assist to maintain a system of internal controls that will ensure company assets are adequately safeguarded
- Oversee aged receivables and collect all revenue in a timely manner
- Communicate and establish relationships with clients including during the onboarding process
- Coordinate with Client Relations department to provide clients with financial and other information they require
- Ensure that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP
- Directly supervise the following: AP Manager, AR Manager, and Accounts Payable/ Billing Specialists; assist in continued development of these associates
- Assist in creating and implementing improvements to internal accounting processes
- Attend in-person meetings with clients when needed
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly paydata to our outsourced payroll company
- Responsible for maintaining employee files and tracking timelines for benefits and reviews
- Responsible for assisting with AP and AR task coverage as needed
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Minimum 5+ years experience in accounting
- Experience in interpretation for a language service provider
- Business (Accounting or Finance) Bachelor’s Degree or additional relevant years of experience
- Experience and ability to teach, train, and lead staff
- Client-facing experience preferred
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of software applications (I.E. Excel, Word, Powerpoint), and familiarity with other web based applications.
- Experience in Peachtree (Sage), Denali (accounting software) and other accounting applications preferred.
- Ability to excel in a demanding, dynamic, and team-based working environment
Full-time, 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday; after hour and weekends as needed.
Benefits and Compensation
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Generous benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (after 60 days)
- Employee 401K Program (after 1 year)
- Incentive Program & Bonus Structure Available
- Motivational Cafeteria Plan
Potential Start Date
April 1, 2018 or sooner