CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Call Center)
Linguava Interpreters is a full-service language agency located in Portland, Oregon. We provide on-site interpretation, telephonic interpretation, video relay interpretation, and document translation in order to connect our clients with a language specialist that will best meet their needs. We take pride in thoroughly screening our interpreters and translators and regularly performing quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy. The accommodation of all service needs comes with supportive management and friendly call center operators.
Linguava’s Scheduling Department is looking to add a full-time Customer Service Specialist to our team! This role will require a number of key administrative skills including efficient time management, attention to detail, and outstanding customer service skills. If this sounds like it may be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Below are the position duties and specifics.
- Uphold Linguava’s core values of: people first, innovative spirit, above and beyond experiences, honest conversation, and servants heart.
- Embody our WHY statement and Organizational mission statement.
- Manage all inbound phone/email/fax/web requests for interpretation services during highly busy seasons and hours.
- First point of contact to handle and resolve client questions and concerns.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all external and internal clients in the scheduling of appointments, assigning of interpreters, and management of interpreter services.
- Provide excellent customer service through high pressure and time sensitive situations.
- Ability to handle high volumes of calls and meet key performance metrics
- Seek creative solutions for complex and challenging situations.
- Exercise exceptional judgement through complex situations.
- Enter data and maintain accurate database information.
- Other duties and responsibilities may shift or be added as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- At least 1 year experience in similar industry highly preferred
- Onsite interpreter experience preferred
- Quality assurance experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or additional relevant years of experience preferred
- Professional verbal and written communication skills required
- Advanced interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Highly organized and motivated with excellent follow-through, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently while remaining an effective and efficient member of cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyze problems and develop processes to alleviate problems
Full-time, Monday through Friday; flexibility to work different shifts required (evenings, weekends, etc).
Generous Benefits Package & Compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance at 60 Days
- Eligible for paid holidays after 90 days
- PTO (after 1 year)
- Employee 401K Program (after 1 year)
- Incentive Program & Bonus Structure Available
- Cover letter
- Professional references
- Supplemental Questions
Please submit the above mentioned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 26, 2019.
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS PLEASE
In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our clients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates will be accepted by Linguava Interpreters.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Linguava is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Candidates must complete an acceptable background check as part of the hiring process with Linguava Interpreters.
- Describe your experience working in the interpreting industry.
- Please describe your direct experience, strong knowledge of, and familiarity with diverse populations including the Latino, African American, Asian American, Middle Eastern, African, Southwest Asian, Russian, or other marginalized communities of people or protected classes.
- Please describe your call center or fast paced office experience that makes you a good fir for this position. Please also list the computer software you are prepared to use on the job (i.e., MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). For each, self-evaluate your skill level.
- How do you manage your time and prioritize tasks? Describe some projects or ideas (not necessarily your own) that were implemented successfully primarily because of your efforts.