Customer Service Specialist
Position Title: Customer Service Specialist
Position Report to: Scheduling Department Manager
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 – 17.00 hourly
The role of customer service specialist requires a number of key administrative skills
including efficient time management, attention to detail, and outstanding customer
service skills. Below are the position duties and specifics.
Customer Service Specialists are expected to uphold Linguava’s core values of:
people first, innovative spirit, above and beyond experiences, honest conversation,
and servants heart. They must embody our WHY statement and Organizational
● Manage all inbound client calls and inquiries.
● Manage all inbound client email/fax/web requests for interpretation services
during highly busy seasons and hours.
● First point of contact to handle and resolve client questions and concerns.
● Ability to handle high volumes of calls and meet key performance metrics:
○ Volume of calls can range from 30-60 calls per day typically.
○ CSS staff are expected to answer all calls with negligible RNA rates.
● Provide outstanding customer service to all external and internal clients in the
scheduling of appointments and management of interpreter services.
Provide excellent customer service through high pressure and time sensitive
○ Achieve and maintain average 95% on call scores performance and accuracy:
● Seek creative solutions for complex and challenging situations.
● Exercise exceptional judgement through complex situations.
● Gather and organize information efficiently and accurately.
○ Maintain scheduling error rate of 0.5% or lower
● Enter data and maintain accurate database information.
● Run daily/weekly reports to assess/address potential scheduling errors and
system management tasks
● Monitor inbound emails to ensure all client correspondence is managed
● Support overflow interpreter calls and inquiries
● Other duties and responsibilities may shift or be added as needed.
● Minimum 1 year of experience in call center (customer service) environment
● Minimum 1 years of experience working in a fast-paced office environment
● At least 1 year experience in similar industry highly preferred
● Onsite interpreter experience preferred
● Quality assurance experience preferred
● Professional verbal and written communication skills required
● Advanced interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
● Highly organized and motivated with excellent follow-through, multi-tasking
and problem-solving skills
● Proficiency in MS Office applications, e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Ability to work independently while remaining an effective and efficient
member of cross-functional teams
● Ability to analyze problems and develop processes to alleviate problems
Required Work Hours:
A minimum of 40 hours per week, plus other hours as may be necessary to complete
job duties. A combination of day, evening, and weekend hours is required.
Sitting or standing for long periods of time. CSS staff must be able to speak, hear,
see, read, write, type, dial, reach, and bend.
How do I apply?
Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org