FRONT OFFICE SPECIALIST
Please submit all the documents below by August 8, 2018, using the application form at the bottom of this page.
- Cover letter
- Professional references
- Supplemental Questions
Linguava Interpreters is a full-service language agency located in Portland, Oregon. We provide on-site interpretation, telephonic interpretation, video relay interpretation, and document translation in order to connect our clients with a language specialist that will best meet their needs. We take pride in thoroughly screening our interpreters and translators and regularly perform quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy. The accommodation of all service needs comes with supportive management and friendly call center operators.
Linguava’s Admin Department is looking to add a full-time Front Office Specialist to our team! This role will require a number of key administrative skills including the ability to be friendly, provide exceptional customer service, organized, and have strong computer literacy. If this sounds like it may be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Below are the position duties and specifics.
- Embody an Above and Beyond mentality to provide outstanding customer service with all clients. Create a raving fan culture with our clients, office staff and interpreters.
- Uphold Linguava’s Core Values. Embody our WHY statement and Organizational mission statement.
- Greet guests and set a positive, friendly and organized office environment
- Responsible for keeping shared space tidy and inviting
- Responsible for assisting to plan events, birthday celebrations and assist with company volunteer initiatives.
- Be trained and verse in scheduling duties to be able to assist callers in scheduling and general inquiries.
- Organize and maintain files and records; update when necessary
- Create and maintain updated documents and spreadsheets
- Oversee sorting and distribution of incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail (envelopes, packages, etc.)
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopier, printers etc.
- Provide backup support to office coordinator on administrative duties when necessary.
- Other tasks assigned as necessary
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service / front desk
- Industry knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Bi-lingual and/or bi-cultural is a plus
- Professional communication skills; verbal and written
- Proficiency in standard software applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), and familiarity with other web-based applications and can navigate through computer systems (Adobe, Photoshop, etc.).
- Ability to generate reports in Excel and create Pivot Tables
- Ability to excel in a demanding, dynamic, and independent working environment
Full-time, 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. Availability to work occasional times outside of shift depending on need also required.
Benefits and Compensation:
Compensation commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance at 60 Days
- Eligible for paid holidays after 90 days
- PTO (after 1 year)
- Employee 401K Program (after 1 year)
- $10,000 in Life Insurance Coverage (Paid by Linguava)
- Long Term Disability Coverage (Paid by Linguava)
- Incentive Program & Bonus Structure Available
- Motivational Cafeteria Plan
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS PLEASE. In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our clients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates will be accepted by Linguava Interpreters. Any necessary inquiries should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Linguava is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Candidates must complete an acceptable background check as part of the hiring process with Linguava Interpreters.
- Describe your knowledge about the interpretation or translation industry.
- Please describe your direct experience, strong knowledge of, and familiarity with diverse populations including the Latino, African American, Asian American, Middle Eastern, African, Southwest Asian, Russian, or other marginalized communities of people or protected classes.
- Please list the computer software you are prepared to use on the job (i.e., MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). For each, self-evaluate your skill level.
- How do you manage your time and prioritize tasks? Describe some projects or ideas (not necessarily your own) that were implemented successfully primarily because of your efforts.