Interpreter Quality Coordinator (Spanish)
Position Title: Interpreter Quality Coordinator (Spanish)
Department: Quality Assurance
Positions Supervised: None
Works as a full-time medical interpreter, also performing auditing for onsite interpretation, making regular contact with providers to ensure client satisfaction, promote Linguava through marketing materials, and promote Linguava to other interpreters. May also work from Linguava office to perform various administrative tasks as needed.
Skills and Attributes
Candidates must possess the following skills and attributes: Certified or Qualified Healthcare Interpreter through a national organization & OHA in Spanish. Quality assurance and auditing skills, excellent organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills, time-management skills, friendly and professional, excellent customer service and relationship-building skills, ability to stay organized and prioritize multiple tasks without compromising quality of service.
- Provide interpretation services at assigned locations for in-person, scheduled video interpretation, video relay interpretation or over the phone interpretation.
- Perform regular audits of interpreters based on Linguava approved auditing program.
- Provide auditing results to Linguava Quality Assurance department on a weekly basis
- Recruit interpreters on-site whenever possible.
- Develop rapport with client schedulers, providers, and other office staff.
- Distribute marketing materials as needed and communicate effectively with the Client Relations department.
- Provide support to on-site interpreters as needed.
- Other functions as needed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. State certified or state qualified medical interpreter in Spanish.
Required Knowledge: Comprehensive understanding of the interpreting profession and National Standards of Practice for Healthcare Interpreters. Required knowledge of HIPAA, state, and federal laws.
Preferred Experience: Minimum 5 years of onsite interpreter experience. Two years of recruiting experience and/ or 2 years of on-site interpreting experience. Two years sales/ customer service experience preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Project management skills. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint). Tech savvy with the ability to utilize various computer programs. Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
Required Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Full-time, 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. Availability to work occasional times outside of shift depending on need also required.
Benefits and Compensation:
Compensation commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including:
– Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance at 60 Days
– 6 paid holidays
– PTO – 2 weeks (increases annually)
– Employee 401K Program (after 1 year)
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.