Interpreter Relations Coordinator
Job announcement (Interpreter Relations Department)
Linguava Interpreters is a full-service language agency located in Portland, Oregon. We provide on-site interpretation, telephonic interpretation, video relay interpretation, and document translation in order to connect our clients with a language specialist that will best meet their needs. We take pride in thoroughly screening our interpreters and translators and regularly perform quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy. The accommodation of all service needs comes with supportive management and friendly call center operators.
Linguava’s Interpreter Relations Department is looking to add a full-time Interpreter Relations Coordinator to our team! This role will require a number of key administrative skills including the ability to recruit new interpreters, provide support for current interpreters, maintain interpreter files, and assist with quality assurance. If this sounds like it may be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Below are the position duties and specifics.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the interpreting profession and National Standards of Practice for Healthcare Interpreters.
- Assist with interpreter recruitment, orientation, testing, on-boarding, and follow-up with new interpreters.
- Manage Linguava’s list of active interpreters: regular check-ins, Qualification/Certification status, compliance status, current availability, address changes, etc.
- Develop a thorough understanding of vaccination and other related compliance requirements. Collect documentation from interpreters and maintain up-to-date records on file. Coordinate with interpreters and clients in the case of an audit.
- Develop rapport with current and new interpreters; solicit feedback and implement recommendations as necessary.
- Become a resource to whom interpreters can turn for support and guidance in regards to compliance requirements, qualification/ certification process, standards of practice questions, etc.
- Assist Quality Assurance Specialist by reaching out to interpreters to investigate concerns and provide coaching, as needed.
- Collaborate with Interpreter Relations Department to prepare monthly interpreter newsletter with relevant information for interpreters.
- Collaborate with Interpreter Relations Manager in the evaluation of current practices with the objective of refining internal processes and policies.
- Other duties as needed by Interpreter Relations Manager.
- Minimum two years on-site interpreting experience preferred
- Minimum two years administrative/customer service experience in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize multiple tasks without compromising quality of service
- Project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and committed to quality work
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills
- Above and Beyond customer service mentality
Full-time, 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. Availability to work occasional Saturday shifts also required.
Benefits and Compensation:
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
PTO (after 1 year)
Employee 401K Program (after 1 year)
Incentive Program & Bonus Structure
Potential for annual profit sharing
- Cover letter
- Professional references
- Answers to supplemental questions
Please submit the above mentioned documents to email@example.com by March 31st, 2019.
- Describe your experience working in the language service industry.
- Please describe your direct experience, strong knowledge of, and familiarity with diverse populations including the Latino, African American, Asian American, Middle Eastern, African, Southwest Asian, Russian, or other marginalized communities of people or protected classes.
- Please list the computer software you are prepared to use on the job (i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). For each, self-evaluate your skill level.
- How do you manage your time and prioritize tasks? Describe some projects or ideas that were implemented successfully primarily because of your efforts.
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS PLEASE. In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our clients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates will be accepted by Linguava Interpreters. Any necessary inquiries should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Linguava is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Candidates must complete an acceptable background check as part of the hiring process with Linguava Interpreters.