Interpreter RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Please email the documents below by March 31st, 2018.
- Cover letter
- Professional references
- Supplemental Questions
Linguava Interpreters is a full-service language agency located in Portland, Oregon. We provide on-site interpretation, telephonic interpretation, video relay interpretation, and document translation in order to connect our clients with a language specialist that will best meet their needs. We take pride in thoroughly screening our interpreters and translators and regularly performing quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy. The accommodation of all service needs comes with supportive management and friendly call center operators.
Linguava’s Interpreter Relations Department is looking to add a full-time Interpreter Relations Coordinator to our team! This role will require a number of key administrative skills including the ability to recruit new interpreters, provide support for current interpreters, maintain interpreter files, and assist with quality assurance. If this sounds like it may be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Below are the position duties and specifics.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the interpreting profession and National Standards of Practice for Healthcare Interpreters
- Assist with interpreter recruitment, orientation, testing, and hiring
- Develop a thorough understanding of compliance requirements for interpreters and collect records from interpreters as needed
- Develop rapport with current and new interpreters
- Assist department and Linguava in meeting quarterly and annual goals
- Become a resource to whom interpreters can turn for support and guidance in regards to compliance requirements, certification process, standards of practice, etc.
- Assist Quality Assurance Specialist by reaching out to interpreters to investigate concerns and provide coaching, as needed
- Collaborate with Interpreter Relations Department to prepare monthly interpreter newsletter
- Collaborate with Interpreter Relations Manager in the evaluation of current practices with the objective of refining internal processes and policies
- Other duties as needed by Interpreter Relations Manager
- Minimum three years on-site interpreting experience preferred
- Minimum three years administrative/customer service experience in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize multiple tasks without compromising quality of service
- Project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and committed to quality work
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills
- Above and Beyond customer service mentality
Full-time, 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. Availability to work occasional Saturday shifts also required.
Benefits and Compensation
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Generous benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (after 60 days)
- Employee 401K Program (after 1 year)
- Incentive Program & Bonus Structure Available
- Motivational Cafeteria Plan
- Describe your experience working in the interpreting industry.
- Please describe your direct experience, strong knowledge of, and familiarity with diverse populations including the Latino, African American, Asian American, Middle Eastern, African, Southwest Asian, Russian, or other marginalized communities of people or protected classes.
- Please list the computer software you are prepared to use on the job (i.e., MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). For each, self-evaluate your skill level.
- How do you manage your time and prioritize tasks? Describe some projects or ideas (not necessarily your own) that were implemented successfully primarily because of your efforts.