Junior Project Manager
Job Announcement (Translations Department)
Linguava Interpreters is a full-service language agency with offices in Portland, Oregon and Atlanta, Georgia. We provide on-site interpretation, telephonic interpretation, video relay interpretation, and document translation in order to connect our clients with a language specialist that will best meet their needs. We take pride in thoroughly screening our interpreters and translators and regularly perform quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy. The accommodation of all service needs comes with supportive management and friendly call center operators.
Linguava’s Document Translation Department is looking to add a full-time Junior Project Manager to our team! We are looking for someone who has great work ethic, time management skills, someone who is extremely detailed oriented and a team player above all. This individual also needs to be able to ensure deadlines are met with quality products, be able to educate, as well as resolve client issues while carrying a professional tone.
- Embody an Above and Beyond mentality to provide outstanding customer service with all clients. Create a raving fan culture with our clients, office staff and interpreters.
- Uphold Linguava’s Core Values of Integrity, Honesty and Respect. Embody our WHY statement and Organizational mission statement
- Promptly respond and assist with translations email correspondence
- Manage assigned translation projects from start to finish, this may include but not limited to:
- Setting up quotes/order in the Portal
- Planning scope of work
- Managing costs and profit margins
- Setting up projects in translation software
- Assigning jobs to linguists/vendors
- Formatting files
- QA of formatted files
- Delivering projects to clients
- Resolving QA issues
- Assist with client invoicing in PeachTree
- Provide assistance with MyProject Portal Client Demos as needed
- Participate in Client meetings as needed (In person or over the phone)
- Any other translation department tasks as assigned
- Minimum 2 years experience in interpretation/translation for a language service provider preferred.
- At least 1 year experience in translation project management highly preferred
- Business Bachelor’s Degree or additional relevant years of experience
- Knowledge of Project Management Platforms
- Knowledge of CAT tools
- Professional communication skills; verbal and written
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of software applications (I.E. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, InDesign, Abbyy converter), and familiarity with other web based applications.
- Ability to excel in a demanding, dynamic, and team based working environment
Full-time, 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. Availability to work occasional times outside of shift depending on need also required.
Benefits and Compensation:
Compensation commensurate with experience. Generous benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance at 60 Days
- Eligible for paid holidays after 90 days
- PTO (after 1 year)
- Employee 401K Program (after 1 year)
- Cover letter
- Professional references
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS PLEASE. In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our clients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates will be accepted by Linguava Interpreters. Any necessary inquiries should be sent via email to email@example.com
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Linguava is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Candidates must complete an acceptable background check as part of the hiring process with Linguava Interpreters.
- Describe your experience working in the language access industry.
- Please describe your direct experience, strong knowledge of, and familiarity with diverse populations including the Latino, African American, Asian American, Middle Eastern, African, Southwest Asian, Russian, or other marginalized communities of people or protected classes.
- Please list the computer software you are prepared to use on the job (i.e., MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). For each, self-evaluate your skill level.
- How do you manage your time and prioritize tasks? Describe some projects or ideas (not necessarily your own) that were implemented successfully primarily because of your efforts.