Please submit all the documents below by using the application form at the bottom of this page.
- Cover letter
- Professional references
- Supplemental Questions
Linguava Interpreters is a full-service language agency located in Portland, Oregon. We provide on-site interpretation, telephonic interpretation, video relay interpretation, and document translation in order to connect our clients with a language specialist that will best meet their needs. We take pride in thoroughly screening our interpreters and translators and regularly performing quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy. The accommodation of all service needs comes with supportive management and friendly call center operators.
We are currently seeking to fill our project manager position with a talented individual that exhibits a dynamic personality and has a great work ethic. We are looking for an individual that is self-motivated, detailed oriented, and incredibly organized. This individual also needs to be able to ensure deadlines are met with quality products, be able to educate, as well as resolve client issues while carrying a professional tone. Below are the position duties and specifics.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Handle translation project management from start to finish:
- Update project statuses as project moves along our 8 step process
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for successful execution of projects
- Help with DTP needs per project. If more advanced needs are required coordinating with DTP team (Design background strongly preferred)
- Send out quality assurance feedback forms to clients once a project has been completed/review feedback provided in document translations portal
- Assist in department process improvements including upgrade in software, our project management process, translations process, and document translations portal, etc.
- Attend client facing meetings to educate clients on our project management process, translations process, and document translations portal.
- Communicate with warm leads and provide follow up as appropriately needed
- Embody an Above and Beyond mentality to provide outstanding customer service with all clients. Create a raving fan culture with our clients, office staff and interpreters.
- Uphold Linguava’s Core Values of Integrity, Honesty and Respect. Embody our WHY statement and Organizational mission statement.
- Other duties and responsibilities may shift or be added as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management, client service industries.
- Minimum 3 years experience in interpretation for a language service provider preferred.
- Business Bachelor’s Degree or additional relevant years of experience
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification
Full-time, 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. Availability to work occasional Saturday/Sunday hours also required.
Benefits and Compensation:
Compensation commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance at 60 Days
- Eligible for paid holidays after 90 days
- PTO (after 1 year)
- Employee 401K Program (after 1 year)
- $10,000 in Life Insurance Coverage (Paid by Linguava)
- Long Term Disability Coverage (Paid by Linguava)
- Incentive Program & Bonus Structure Available
- Motivational Cafeteria Plan
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS PLEASE
In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our clients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates will be accepted by Linguava Interpreters.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Linguava is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Candidates must complete an acceptable background check as part of the hiring process with Linguava Interpreters.
- Describe your experience working in the translation industry.
- Please describe your direct experience, strong knowledge of, and familiarity with diverse populations including the Latino, African American, Asian American, Middle Eastern, African, Southwest Asian, Russian, or other marginalized communities of people or protected classes.
- Please list the computer software you are prepared to use on the job (i.e., MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). For each, self-evaluate your skill level.
- How do you manage your time and prioritize tasks? Describe some projects or ideas (not necessarily your own) that were implemented successfully primarily because of your efforts.