Training and development specialist
Please submit all the documents below by May 18, 2018 using the application form at the bottom of this page.
- Cover letter
- Professional references
- Supplemental Questions
Linguava Interpreters is a full-service language agency located in Portland, Oregon. We provide on-site interpretation, telephonic interpretation, video relay interpretation, and document translation in order to connect our clients with a language specialist that will best meet their needs. We take pride in thoroughly screening our interpreters and translators and regularly performing quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy. The accommodation of all service needs comes with supportive management and friendly call center operators.
Linguava’s Scheduling Department is looking to add a full-time Training Development Specialist to our team! This role will require a number of key administrative skills including efficient time management, attention to detail, and organization. If this sounds like it may be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Below are the position duties and specifics.
- Design, develop, and update training programs to support operational strategic plan and business objectives, aligning with Linguava policies, procedures, and core values.
- Oversee and maintain all training programs: new hire training, department retraining, and cross-departmental training.
- Maintain all training reports and staff training progress reports.
- Use training metrics to improve training programs and complete training needs/gap analysis.
- Design, maintain, and update all training manuals, materials, and documentation with relevant content to inspire, educate, and engage staff. Updates to be executed in collaboration with department manager and assistant manager.
- Manages floor monitoring for all staff in collaboration with department manager and assistant manager to ensure policy and protocol enforcement.
- Serves as escalation point for issues beyond team authority; resolves conflicts involving scheduling, resources or technical issues.
- Manages scheduling and coordination of training dates, training rooms and equipment.
- Develop and maintain scheduling department mentorship program.
- Provide support to senior staff with regard to quality assurance, data analysis, project coordination, and interpreter navigation.
- Provide support to the department answering phones, engaging with both clients and interpreters.
- Other duties and responsibilities may shift or be added as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in training and development.
- Minimum 5 years experience in customer service, client service industries; experience in translation and localization for a language service provider and/or call center preferred.
- Onsite Interpreter experience preferred.
- Quality Assurance experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or additional relevant years of experience preferred.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills required.
- Advanced presentation, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Highly organized and motivated with excellent follow-through, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently while remaining an effective and efficient member of cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyze problems and develop processes to alleviate problems
Full-time, 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday; flexibility to work different shifts required (evenings, weekends, etc).
Generous Benefits Package & Compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance at 60 Days
- Eligible for paid holidays after 90 days
- PTO (after 1 year)
- Employee 401K Program (after 1 year)
- $10,000 in Life Insurance Coverage (Paid by Linguava)
- Long Term Disability Coverage (Paid by Linguava)
- Incentive Program & Bonus Structure Available
- Motivational Cafeteria Plan
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS PLEASE
In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our clients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates will be accepted by Linguava Interpreters.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Linguava is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Candidates must complete an acceptable background check as part of the hiring process with Linguava Interpreters.
- Describe your experience working in the interpreting industry.
- Please describe your direct experience, strong knowledge of, and familiarity with diverse populations including the Latino, African American, Asian American, Middle Eastern, African, Southwest Asian, Russian, or other marginalized communities of people or protected classes.
- Please list the computer software you are prepared to use on the job (i.e., MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). For each, self-evaluate your skill level.
- How do you manage your time and prioritize tasks? Describe some projects or ideas (not necessarily your own) that were implemented successfully primarily because of your efforts.