Responsible to utilize key administrative skills to recruit and onboard new interpreters and translators, provide support for current linguists, maintain files, and oversee compliance.
Skills and Attributes
The Linguist Recruiter must possess the following skills and attributes: Excellent organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills, detail-oriented and accurate, excellent customer service and relationship-building skills, ability to stay organized and prioritize multiple tasks without compromising quality of service.
The Linguist Recruiter performs the following essential functions:
- Primary responsibility in recruitment of new interpreters and translators.
- Responsible for facilitating orientation, testing, on-boarding, and follow-up with new interpreters and translators.
- Manage Linguava’s list of active interpreters: regular check-ins, Qualification/Certification status, availability, address changes, etc.
- Run reports and analyze current on-site and translation needs to identify recruitment needs.
- Collaborate with Interpreter Relations and other departments in the evaluation of current practices with the objective of refining internal processes and policies.
- Other duties as requested by Interpreter Relations Manager.
- Job functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Employee’s personal goals are being met and employee is contributing to department meeting departmental goals.
- Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and timely.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Required Knowledge: Comprehensive understanding of the interpreting profession and National Standards of Practice for Healthcare Interpreters. General HR knowledge from a recruitment perspective.
Required Experience: Minimum two years administrative/ customer service experience. 1-3 years of industry recruiting experience. 2-4 years of recruiting experience or 2-3 years of on-site interpreting experience in lieu of industry-specific recruitment experience.
Skills/Abilities: Project management skills. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint). Tech savvy with the ability to utilize various computer programs. Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
Required Work Hours:
A minimum of 40 hours per week, plus additional hours which may be necessary to complete job duties. Availability to work occasional Saturday shifts for job fairs and conferences also required.
Must be able to speak, hear, see, read, write, type, dial, reach, and bend.
- Cover letter
- Professional references
- Complete supplemental questions (see below)
Please submit the above mentioned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS PLEASE. In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our clients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates will be accepted by Linguava Interpreters. Any necessary inquiries should be sent via email to email@example.com
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Linguava is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Candidates must complete an acceptable background check as part of the hiring process with Linguava Interpreters.
- Describe your experience working in the interpreting industry.
- Please describe your direct experience, strong knowledge of, and familiarity with diverse populations including the Latino, African American, Asian American, Middle Eastern, African, Southwest Asian, Russian, or other marginalized communities of people or protected classes.
- Please list the computer software you are prepared to use on the job (i.e., MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). For each, self-evaluate your skill level.
- How do you manage your time and prioritize tasks? Describe some projects or ideas (not necessarily your own) that were implemented successfully primarily because of your efforts.