Our Translation and Localization Department is excited to announce that as of March 31st, we are ISO 17100 certified!
What is ISO 17100?
ISO 17100 is an international standard, published in 2015 that provides the requirements that a Translation Service Provider (TSP) should meet to provide the highest quality service.
Why is this certification important?
Getting ISO 17100 certification is important for any TSP because it helps establish a Quality Management System that strengthens your business performance and defines the quality of your teams, thereby helping TSPs produce translations of the highest quality.
Many organizations only work with ISO-certified vendors; they feel strongly that following ISO standards is the best way to ensure vendors meet their quality standards.
What does it cover?
- Human Resources Involved in the Process: Establishing every member’s responsibility ensures everyone is on board with how the process works, which not only helps increase the motivation of your team and vendors, but also minimizes the chances of misunderstandings.
- Pre-Production Process: Defines and explains all pre-production tasks such as signing contracts, preparing files, and quoting.
- Production Process: Provides clear guidelines on the Translation, Editing, Proofreading, and QA steps. This includes how to work with vendors and freelancers.
- Post-Production Process: Ensures client feedback and file archiving are properly handled and establishes an appropriate corrective action plan for different scenarios, in case it is needed.
Benefits of getting ISO 17100 certified
- Proof to your customers that you provide a reliable service
- Improved organization which will increase your team’s motivation
- Competitive advantage
- Evidence you are seeking for excellence
Achieving ISO 17100 demonstrates Linguava’s commitment to going “above and beyond” for our customers. We are always looking for ways to enhance and improve. This certification not only ensure our translations are of the highest possible quality, but help Linguava attract top talent to support our incredible customers.
“Patry at Linguava Interpreters was a pleasure to work with. The commitment to customer service and living the company values is evident along with a real passion for quality. ISO 17100 certification was very well deserved”. – Julie Meaden, ISO Quality Services Ltd.
As Linguava continues to raise the standard of excellence, we are pleased to announce that we are also on our way to achieve ISO 9001. If you are looking for high quality Translation and Localization services and exceptional customer service, please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
If you already have a file ready to translate, get your file analysis and free quote here.